2. When and where was Rudyard Kipling born?
- 23 January 1840 in Britain
- 15 September 1818 in Australia
- 30 December 1865 in India
- 13 April 1905 in the USA
3. The story “Mae-e, Black Sheep” tells about?
- a farm in a remote place
- suffering at Holloway’s house
- a person who differed from the others
- sounds that animals make
4. What prize was Kipling awarded?
- Neustadt International Prize for Literature
- The Nobel Prize in Literature
- Franz Kafka Prize
- International Rubery Book Award
5. Choose Kipling’s works? (more that one answer is possible)
- Alice’s adventures in Wonderland
- Jungle Book
- Harry Potter
6. Whose sister was Caroline Starr Balestier, Kipling’s wife?
- His publishing agent
- His friend
- His roommate
- His teacher
7. The Camel has a hump given to him by a djinn as punishment for the camel's refusing to work. Which book can we learn it from?
- The Man who would be King
- Gunga Din
- The White Man’s Burden
- Just So Stories
8. Kipling wrote to one of the magazines “Don't forget to delete me from your list of subscribers”. Why did he do that?
- He found that magazine boring
- He had a row with the editor
- The magazine wrote that Kipling was dead
- He was going to move to another country